这是 The Kubala Washatko Architects 设计的新 Leopold 遗产中心，位于美国。项目主要用于 Leopold 基金会的日常管理工作，以及接待来自世界各地的参观者。该项目是第一个被 LEED 确认为碳中性以及零能源的建筑。
The new Leopold Legacy Center was designed to serve the needs of the foundation’s administration and host visitors from around the world while remaining true to the ecological, aesthetic, and scientific spirit of Aldo Leopold’s Land Ethic. The headquarters includes office and meeting spaces, an interpretive exhibit hall, a library, an archive room, and a three-season classroom.
In October 2007, the Leopold Legacy Center was awarded LEED® Platinum, the highest rating to date measured under the USGBCsystem. It is the first building recognized by LEED® as carbon neutral in operation, and as a ‘zero net energy’ building, the center produces over 110% of its annual energy needs.
The Center is designed as a small grouping of structures organized around a central courtyard, which provides flexibility in managing energy use, creates outdoor spaces for work and gathering, and reduces the scale of the buildings on the site. It is constructed of wood harvested on-site from trees originally planted by the Leopold family in the 1940’s. A 38kw photovoltaic array is one of the largest in the state, and innovative HVAC and ventilation systems reduce energy demand.
|设计事务所||The Kubala Washatko Architects|
|面积||12,000 square feet|